Today, I had a really interesting experience during fast and testimony meeting. I’ve been wondering if I should share this story behind why I decided to donate my hair, and asked Heavenly Father to let me know if I should. Sure enough, the pounding in the heart started and it took a while to get up, but I did it. not a hundred percent sure what I was going to say. As I was up there, it just came to me. After explaining my story as I did above, I said “some have asked if it was hard to see it all go, and to be honest the day before I was thinking of backing out, but then I remembered why I was doing it and it made it much easier.” and then a thought accrued to me, that I’ve never really thought of before and I shared it right then and there, caz that must have been the reason why it came to me. As I said that, I thought of the Savior, and wonder if that is to a small degree how He might have felt, as He was in the Garden of Gethsemane, when He cried unto the Father how hard it was to do this task of the Atonement, and the thought that came to me was perhaps when He remembered why he was doing it, it became much easier for Him to do. And then I bore testimony of gratitude for what He did and that I know He is there helping me in my trails. :)
To sum up, I am grateful for the spirit that guides me, that teaches me and gives me the words to say when I need them most. I am grateful for my Savior, for His sacrifice of the Atonement, that because of Him I can return home to my Heavenly Father, and to my wonderful beautiful Mother someday. :) I am grateful for the Plan of Salvation.
Love,
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment