Sunday, October 28, 2012

Baby Tyler


Wow. What a week!!!
It all started late Monday night. I got a call from my Dad around 9 o’clock telling me about the events of the day of my pregnant sister-in-law Kelli. She had some scare with her pregnancy and I was jumping to the worst possible conclusion that she lost the baby and I was freaking out and super sad that if that was the case how devastating that would be that I haven’t even meet my new nephew and I had lost him. Keep in mind this was all in a two second moment while talking to my Dad. When I return back to the conversation he assured me everything was fine. Kelli was sentenced to bed rest for the remainder of her pregnancy. (two months)

Well, come Tuesday afternoon I get a text from my Dad saying “Looks like Chris and Kelli are having a baby today.” Total freak out mode. Stressing, worrying etc. It’s too early. It’s not time yet. what’s going on? Is she okay? Is he okay? How’s my brother? Not a fun feeling. :/
I get a call from my stepmom Lisa that night telling me that they gave Kelli a shot of a sort, which I later found out was steroids, to help the baby’s lungs develop in time for soon to be early delivery, and that the doctors were hoping to put off the delivery as much as possible for the drugs to take effect, and that he’d most likely be coming in the morning. ek.
Morning comes. Still no news. my sister sends me a text around 10 am
“Do we have a new baby yet!?” and I text back “I don’t know. I wish I knew.”
She must have texted my Dad the same thing, because I hear back from her “No baby yet. Dad says the next day or two.” and I’m thinking.. tomorrow. Tomorrow would be a cool day to come and I tell her that.
“I think tomorrow. It’s Mom’s birthday after all.”
She wrote back “That’s what Chris said! I said, ‘what’s your son trying to pull here?’ He was like, ‘he’s holding onto Mom’s hand to wait till her birthday, they’ve been planning it.’” :D
Awe. I love that idea. I bet that’s what’s up. That would make everything that has happened this week make so much more sense.
I get a call that night, saying that things are calm. That it could happen any day now, to even weeks. Oh. so maybe he isn’t coming tomorrow. But that’s okay. no matter what day he comes I still believe my Mom is watching over him and I am filled with peace and comfort that everything is going to be okay. :)
On Thursday morning I say a prayer that the baby will be okay, and telling Heavenly Father that it would be really cool for him to be born today, being it’s Mom’s birthday, but that I understood it would be on His time table, that I would be patience and grateful that the baby had a safe delivery no matter the time. Shortly after I get a text from my Dad, forwarded from Chris saying: “We are now back in labor and delivery, contractions every 5 min since 1 am, about to get an epidural.” By this point I am about to cry. tears of joy and amazement of this wonderful event. :D
At 11:53 am, baby Tyler Archie Hurst was born 3lbs 13 oz, and 17 ¾ inches long. :D He is currently in the NICU (Newborn Intensive Care Unit) He is progressing really well. I meet him that night. I wasn’t allowed to hold or even touch him, but seeing him was enough. He is adorable. He makes the cutest little face expressions and I am in love with him already. :)
Why did he come so early? My theory is that his Grandma Angel and him had a bond up there in heaven. so strong that they wanted to keep it going somehow here on Earth. What better way than sharing a birthday date? ;)
As this is a gratitude journal blog, I like to end by saying how grateful I am for families and for Heavenly Father’s plan to have us linked together in forever bonds. I love my family so much and am so grateful for them. :)
Sincerely,

Aunt Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment