The last two years I’ve wrote an end of the year review blog
posts (2015 & 2016). I thought as 2017 was coming to a close I’d continue
the tradition. :) First, I like to report how my 2017 Goals went. I completed
two of my three goals. That’s pretty good.
First being mine and Zach couple’s goal to visit the
temple once a month. Some months were harder than others to fit a visit in our
schedules, but happy to say we were successful. We plan to continue our monthly
visits into this next year. We are so blessed to live in Utah and have so many
Temples nearby. The other two goals were more personal. I went in for my first mammogram
and survived. Haha. It wasn’t that bad. Awkward and slightly uncomfortable, but
not bad. I will need to make it a habit and go again this year. The third goal
was a weekly writing assignment that.. sort of died. I might have to try again
this next year. I haven’t really decided yet. Haha.
Now on the Highlights from 2017…
The most obvious and biggest being the much anticipated marriage
proposal. We're Engaged!! The last few months have been an adventure with
wedding planning. At first I admit I was really overwhelming with the gigantic
to do list, but with help from my amazing matron of honor (and future
sister-in-law) Heather we’ve set monthly goals to help manage the multiple tasks
and help keep the stress level low. It’s actually been fun planning. We were
able to pick a date (March 23- save the date!), book the temple, find reception
center, photographer, and wedding dress. I feel pretty good at how much we’ve
accomplished in a few months, and what we have left to do. The big day will be
here before we know it. Ek! :)
The next big highlight this year was Zach completing his bachelor’s
degree in Medical Laboratory Science. He was able to walk for graduation at the
end of April and finish his six month internship just this month. I am so proud
of him. He is currently studying for his state certification test that is
schedule for next week. Wish him luck! He also found a part time job and is looking
for a full time position. Have I mention how proud I am of him? He’s worked so
hard and graduating is a huge accomplishment. :)
We were also able to go to a few concerts this year that were
really fun. In September Heather and I surprised the boys with tickets to a
Renee Elise Goldsberry concert. She’s one of the leads in Broadway's play Hamilton.
She did an amazing job! October we went to the Imagine Dragon concert with our
Randall family which was a blast! And in December Zach and I went to the Piano
Guys concert with tickets I won from work. It was amazing. :)
Yup, 2017 was a good year, and 2018 will be even better!!
I’m excited for Zach and me to start our new adventure of marriage together. :)
:)


No comments:
Post a Comment