Sunday, May 3, 2015

Hope

 
“Hope guides me. It’s what gets me through the days and especially the nights. The hope that after you’re gone it will not be the last time I look upon you.” (A Knight’s Tale, 2001)
Thirteen years ago today was the last time I saw my mother. It is through the hope and light of the gospel I know I will see her again someday. I am the woman I am today because of her, and even though she is no longer here, she will live on in my heart, never to be forgotten.
It is why I’ve held onto the gospel. It gives me hope, and because she loved it too. It is a gift she has given me. I love going to church and feeling the spirit. It give me joy. I hold on to the gospel- the Iron Rod, the Word of God- because it connects me to her. Families are forever. Why else would we be here? To live and to die.. and that’s it? It can’t be the end. It isn’t the end!
The power and gift of the Atonement is real. Jesus Christ did overcome the effects of the fall, which include physical and spiritual death. I will see my mom again someday, and it will be a joyous reunion. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment