Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2015 Highlights

You know how people sometimes send out end of the year Christmas/ New Year cards or letters sharing (bragging) what a great year they had? Well let’s just say this blog post is just that. 2015 was a great year for me, and I wanted to brag, I mean share, my highlights. ;)

First highlight of 2015 was in February. I changed departments at work to advance in my career with the credit union. The last several months I have learned and gained a lot through experience. I am extremely grateful for awesome co-workers who have had patience with me as I learn and grow into my new role. :)

Number two highlight was in March when I went on the Best Vacation Ever!! It was a Book of Mormon themed cruise down to the Caribbean with Living Heritage Tours. It was an Amazing adventure visiting the Mayan ruins, learning the history behind them, and their correlation with the people of the Book of Mormon. It was blast zip lining above the juggle of Roatan, chilling at the beaches, boat ride in Belize, and holding a baby lion cub. It was an AMAZING Adventure!! :D (see more details here- My Caribbean Cruise Vacation)
Third big highlight of this year was in July, when after many many years of studying, I finally completed my General Associates Degree. Wahoo! !:D I know it’s not much, but it a big thing for me. :D


Since Graduation was a huge deal for me, I decided to reward myself with a brand new CAR!! :D I am loving it! A 2014 Hyundi Elantra GT. She’s beautiful! :D (read more here- New Car!)
Also in September I made another change of upgrade to the master-bedroom after one of my roommates moved out and got married. It’s so spacious, includes a huge closet, and get this- my own bathroom. It’s Fantastic! :D I am loving it! :D
That’s not all for September, though. At the end of the month I went to Salt Lake Comic Con for the first time ever, and met Chris Evan!! It was an Amazing couple seconds. Haha. (read more here- Sarah Sandwich)
A few other minor highlights of 2015 were new books and movies that came out. Including Books- “The Heir” by Kiara Cass (The Selection Series), and “Winter” by Marrissa Myer (The Lunar Chronicles). Movies- Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2, and Star Wars: The Force Awakens. :D
Yep, 2015 was a great year. :) Now its coming time to start 2016. There’s a few things I can expect.
First… turning 30. Whoa. Crazy I know. I admit, like my friends on the TV show “Friends”, I haven’t been totally excited. :/ But now I’ve chosen to accept it. 30 is a big deal, and shouldn’t be dreaded. It’s quite the accomplishment you could say. I’m told those who have birthdays live longer. ;) So- Bring It On!! Haha.
Next 2016 highlight will be that my Missionary, my little cousin, Sister Brownie comes home in April. I am so excited to see her again and give her a huge hug!! :D I am so proud of her. I have enjoyed writing her each week and will miss it. The good news is one of my new year’s resolutions is to write in this gratitude blog more often. ;) Hopefully it’s one I’ll be able to keep!
However the BIGGEST event I am looking forward to in 2016 is of the arrival of my New Baby Nephew!! :D I am so excited to meet him!! Being an Aunt is the Best! I already have one of each, a niece and a nephew, and in March I’ll have another nephew! :D It’s going to be Awesome! :D
Thank you for those who took the time to read, and let me brag, I mean share ;) my highlights of 2015. It was fantastic year and I look forward to another great year to come in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment