Sunday, March 13, 2016

Boyfriend

Today I’m grateful for my new boyfriend Zach. :) *blush*

We first meet two years ago, the day I moved to Sandy. My roommate Brittany was dating his twin brother Matt at the time. (btw, how funny is that we both have twin brothers?) I had been home alone all day, and was super bored. I was so happy when Brittany got home and we made plans to go out. While she was away getting ready the doorbell rang. I went to go answer it, and had a slightly awkward moment with the guy at the door (who I later found out was Matt) and quickly fixed when I told him I was the new roommate. Haha. He had come by to kidnap her for a surprised date. (How cute is that?) Well Brittany was torn because we had just made plans to go out. Matt being the super awesome guy he is, invited me to join. I was little hesitant- be an awkward third wheel, or stay home, bored. Since I had been alone all day, and was in need for socialization, I opted in to being an awkward third wheel. Brittany wanted to finish getting ready, so Matt left temporally and came back with Zach. I was saved from being an awkward third wheel! Yay! :) We went out for icecream. It was a great first night in Sandy. :)

Fast forward a few month to the 4th of July, I was invited to watch fireworks with Brittany and her friends. We drove up to get a good view of the fireworks going across the valley so I rode up with the twin’s sister, her husband, and Zach. We were jamming out in the back of the car. It was so fun. There was a weird moment where I wanted to hold his hand that was just sitting there in between us. That was the night I decided if he were to ask me out I’d say yes. I even wrote about it in my journal. “Zach is fun. I think I’m starting to like him, I mean, I like him as a friend, but I thought tonight, could it be more? I had fun talking to him tonight, I even had the desire to hold his hand at one point.. Okay it’s decided, if he ask me out, I’ll say yes. I’d give it a shot.. Every guy deserves one date. Well.. except psychos. I feel confident Zach isn’t a psycho.” LOL
In talking him last night on our third date (or would it be fourth- if you count the first time we met and went out for icecream?) About that those two nights mention above, that the 4th of July was the first time he first saw me as someone he would want to date. He even said he put his hand out as bait. He laughed when I told him it work and I actually wanted to hold his hand. Haha.
So yeah, he’s been on the list of potentials for a while. It’s only been the last several months I’ve really considered dating him. Back in August my ward started an icecream date box (where you nominate two people to go out on an icecream date) he was the first one I thought to put down. Nothing came from that. I tried hinting that I was interested, but guys don’t get hints. I even thought to ask him out a few times, but chicken out. Based on past experience that plan doesn’t go so well. :/ It wasn’t until the Bishop asked me the end of December who I was interested in that I admitted out loud I liked Zach. Well.. bishops and bishoprics are funny. They are all about the match making. I’m little embarrassed, but at the same time, grateful because it worked. Haha :)
The last two months our existing friendship has turned into a relationship. We’ve had a blast getting to know each better through dates, ward activities, game nights, etc. I even made him a Valentine to let him know I cared. Cheesy, I know. But it worked. People in the ward started talked about us, and even started asking me questions. It was little weird being classified as a couple when I wasn’t sure myself. Now it’s been decided we’re in a relationship. :) I don’t know how it will end, all I know is that for the first time in a really long time, I have hope. Hope that I’m not such a lost cause after all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment