My calling is chair of the Personal Development Committee. I guess my main responsibility is to help ward members set goals to improve themselves in all sorts of areas of life. As I was brainstorming on what to do for this activity I came across this quote on Pintrest that became the overall theme. I included it with the party favor, a chocolate frog. :)
My awesome new co-chair
Jessica gave the thought. She introduced the theme and shared a scripture. “Trust
in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all
your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” [Proverbs 3:5-6]
Personal Development and being willing to change for the better takes a lot of
faith- a leap of faith- and to best accomplish a successful landing one must
Fully Rely On God (F.R.O.G.) :)
We had a total of four games
prepared. Unfortunately one fell through. I guess YSA aren’t a fan of
Leap Frog racing. But that’s okay. The other three were a hit. :)
We had Kiss the Frog, which
is like the popular kids game Pin the Tail on the Donkey. FHE Chair Amanda put
it together. She had her artistic mom draw the Frog Prince. Isn’t he handsome?
Here’s a few more pictures
from the game:
I think our frog prince had a fun night. Haha
We also had Musical Lily
Pads, which as you guess it, is similar the popular kid’s game, Musical Chairs. We
used paper plates as our Lily Pads, instead of chairs. It was sure a lot of
fun!
The last game of the night
was the one I was most excited about. We wrote Leap Day Letters to ourselves to
open in four years, on the next Leap Day 2020. Here is a copy of the prompts for the
letters:
I am grateful for my calling and the opportunity to help my fellow ward members set goals to take that Leap of Faith, and F.R.O.G. (Fully Rely on God)

This is so cute! Love the letter idea!
ReplyDelete