Sunday, February 28, 2016

Baby Maxon



Tyler and Maxon

My new baby nephew Maxon Charles Hurst was born late Friday night February 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm. He weighed 6lb 8 oz. Above is a picture of him with his big brother Tyler. :) (Read about Tyler’s birth story here.)
Since his big brother Tyler was born early, and two of his cousins on his mom’s side have been also premature NICU babies, his mom has been really worried about it happening again. She’s done everything in her power to make sure it won’t. She’s done some studying, and has been extra aware of how she is feeling, and keeping her doctor in the loop.
On Tuesday January 19th, 2016 she was put on bed rest. This was her Facebook status from that day:
Today I am as pregnant as I've ever been. Tyler was born at this gestation exactly, 31 weeks to the day. Here's to Maxon staying in there for another 9 weeks! Make me miserably uncomfortable til March, kid! ... I promise to try my best to appreciate every moment of it.”
That is a mother’s love right there. I recall her saying previously that is she was willing to go past nine months if it meant not having another baby in the NICU. That was sure stressful experience. :/ Well, last Tuesday she was released form bed rest and wrote the following about her experience:
I made it to 36 weeks!!! After 17 weeks of progesterone shots, 5 weeks of bed rest, and a couple weeks of muscle relaxers... We made it!!! Starting today, I can go off of bed rest (hooray!) and they would officially not try to stop my labor if it were to happen. A huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I am beyond grateful for the family that put their lives on hold to come help while I've been on bed rest. And for my husband, who has been playing both Mom and Dad. (Like a champ!) I can't thank you enough! Here's to a healthy baby boy!”
When she first told me she was on bed rest I told her I thought it would be really cool if he came on the 29th- Leap Day! I told her to tell him to wait until then and explain the awesomeness of having a Leap Day birthday. Two birthdays a year (02/28 & 03/01) and huge party every four years. I think it’s kind of funny he came the 26th, it’s like he turn the nine upside down into a six. Haha. He arrived healthy and fully developed which was the overall goal and I couldn’t be happier. :)
Now to his name, I LOVE it so much! I was so excited when Kelli told me what it was because it’s a name of one of my favorite book characters. (#booknerd) She’s always like the name Max, and has been looking for an extension for some time now. She didn’t like the names Maxwell or Maxiums. But when I introduced her to “The Selection” series by Kiera Cass and she met Prince Maxon she knew she found it. :) His middle name Charles is after my dad and I think the two names together sound perfect. One of my friends worded it best “He sounds like a Prince!” :D
I’m so grateful to be an Aunt. It is the Best! :D I love my new baby nephew Maxon already, his big brother Tyler, and their cousin IzzaBella. I am so blessed to have such adorable, smart, funny kids in my life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment