Since today is Valentine’s Day, I
thought it would be fun to share with you for my weekly blog post a Love Letter I wrote a few years
back for an English class. The assignment was to write a Love Letter to an
object or activity. Silly I know, but it was really fun too! I did mine on
books. I love to read so much! I am so
grateful for Books! :)
January 24, 2014
Dear
Books,
I admit it, I am addicted to you. I hope that doesn’t freak
you out at all. You are my escape from reality. I understand that is not always
wise, but I can’t help it! Your life, your stories, are more interesting than
mine.
I don’t remember exactly when we first met. It seems we’ve
been friends forever, which is probably the case. My Mother must have
introduced us. She also loved to read. I suppose that’s why I love you so much,
because she did. I feel closer to her when I spend time with you. I miss her. I
think she’d be happy we’ve become great friends. She is probably looking down
from heaven at us and smiling. That’s a nice thought don’t you think?
It’s hard to explain how much you mean to me, Books, but
I’ll do my best. You’ve opened my mind and helped expand my imagination. I’ve
been able to explore new worlds and experience things I’d never would be able
to on my own. You have a way of sucking me into your pages. You make me laugh,
and you sometimes make me cry. You know the words to say to tell the story just
right.
Thanks to your friend Nicholas Sparks I believe in love. My
faith has grown as I read from LDS authors Anita Stansfield, and Jack Weyland.
I’ve been able to go back in time with Chris Heimerdinger to meet the Nephites,
I’ve been to Narnia with CS Lewis, and learn magic at Hogwarts thanks to JK
Rowling. I fought in the Hunger Games along Katniss and Peeta through Suzanne
Collins. Participate in the Selection as America Singer because of Kiera Cass,
and know what it means to be truly selfless and brave from Veronica Roth as I
was Tris Prior in Divergent.
Because of you I have a desire to be a writer myself. It has
always been my dream to share my own creativity and imagination with others. To
bring others the kinds of joy and adventure you have given to me through the power
and magic of literature.
Thank you, Books, for all you’ve taught me and all you’ve shared
with me.
Love, Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment