Sunday, February 7, 2016

Thirty

Well… today is the day. I officially turn 30. I admit, I haven't been very excited for this particular birthday. I even thought to cancel it. But we all know that is impossible. No one can stop time from happening and stay young forever. Not that 30 is *that* old, it really isn’t.

I received this birthday card this week from a very good family friend, Jenny, who I’ve known forever and is like the big sister I never had:

Your birthday- not about the past.. not about the future.. all about you, exactly as you are right now.
... which makes it truly beautiful. Happy Birthday!
 
Inside she wrote: “Thank you for blessing the world with your existence. I hope you have a wonderful birthday and year to come!”
This sweet birthday message was just what I needed to put me in the birthday mood. Today is the day to celebrate who I am, right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment