![]() |
Grandpa's sweet smile
|
Yesterday
was his Funeral. It was a lovely service. I really enjoyed the talks by my Aunt
Renae, Aunt Patty, and Uncle Jim. I love hearing stories about him. He was a
hardworking man, and taught his kids to be the same. He used to make a to-do list
and post it on the fridge on Saturday mornings. On the list of chores he would
put a name next to it. He was really good at handing out assignments. Aunt
Patty says one time she was given the assignment to add tile to the bathroom. She
responded “I don’t know how to do that.” and he replied, “Figure it out.” He
said that a lot, and they always figured out a way. :) She also said he loved
it when all his family was together, and how happy he must be that we were all
together at the moment. :)
![]() |
| Michael, Charlie, Tom, Alan, Jim, Jeanine, Renae, Grandma, Elaine, & Patty |
After
the church services we went to the Cemetery for the burial service. Uncle Alan
gave the dedicational prayer. All of the grandsons were pallbearers. The night
before at the viewing each of them were able to pick out one of Grandpa’s old
ties to have and wear to the services. I hear it was his idea. Aunt Patty was
right, he was good at making assignments. ;)
![]() |
| Grandsons as pallbearers |
Though it is sad Grandpa is no longer with us, I know he is in a better place free from his physical struggles. I am grateful for the gospel and the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation that families can be together forever. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment