Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father’s Day

Happy Father’s Day to the most Amazing Dad in the whole world- MINE! :D


I am so grateful and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life. In thinking about what I could share in this special blog post, a funny story comes to mind of something that happened a few weeks ago...
A while back my parents invited my boyfriend Zach and me to attend a special musical fireside with them at their stake center. The four of sat together on the bench with room for two more. A sister in dad’s ward asked if the seats at the end, next to Zach, were taken. After my dad confirmed they were available she asked if we could save them for two of her friends, and we said would be able to do that. Her two friends arrived few minutes later and asked if they could sit down. Zach replied with a funny dad type joke that they had to pay a small holding fee first. The sister who had asked us to save the seats earlier pointed to my dad and said, “I can see the resemblance.” My stepmom Lisa explained that was funny because he wasn’t his son, she (pointing to me) was his daughter. Her friend chimed in “Oh. Well that’s more telling,” and then added, “Girls normally pick boys with similar hearts as their fathers.” Or in my case- a sense of humor. Hahaha. :)
My dad is truly wonderful. He is caring, and dependable. He is supportive and always one we, his kids, can count on to be there. He is also super smart and wise. He gives great advice and is a great guide. Have a mention how funny he is? He is full of the dad jokes. They are great. I love him so so much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment