As silly as it seems, I am grateful for Facebook.
It’s a great way to stay in touch with the many people in my life. I was first
introduced and joined the social media world of Facebook December 2008, about a
month after getting home from the mission. While I was away my parents had
moved from my childhood home to a brand new neighborhood. I felt alone in a new
place. I had an old mission companion and a cousin both send me an email
requesting me to join Facebook. I am glad I did. I was able to get connected
with family, mission friends, childhood friends, etc. I didn’t feel so alone
anymore.
This last week I decided to plan a Facebook party
of Usborne Books and More. My friend Dawn is a consultant. I went to a party a
while back she had hosted with her sister. It was really fun. The books are
amazing. I really enjoyed learning more about them and purchasing a few for my
niece and nephew. I’ve been thinking about hosting a party since then, but wasn’t
sure I wanted to. I realized recently that Christmas is coming up and it would
be great to get books for the kiddos in my life. I thought to ask Dawn if I
could look at her catalog, but decided I will host a party after all. My
friends might be interested too in getting some books for Christmas. ;)
Well, one of the tips for a successful party is to
message a personal invite to my friends I thought might be interested. I remember
when Dawn invited me to hers I thought it was super thoughtful she would think
of me, so that is how I wanted to do it too for my party. It has been so great
going over my friend list and sending a personal invite to each one of them.
Some I was able to spark a conversation and re-connect. It was fun having a
reason to talk to them, and share something I love- Books. :) I am getting
really excited for my party for this Thursday. It’s going to be so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment