Monday, November 12, 2018

Home Sweet Home


So Very Thankful/ Thankful & Blessed
It’s been several months since I last wrote. I thought while I had some free time I give you an update on our life. Zach and I recently moved into our own place. Yay! Don’t get me wrong, it was great living with my parents. However, the plan was always for that to be temporary. 
We completed our first financial goal to have Zach’s student loans paid off in that time. Yay! By the way, he is loving his job, though I admit it can be hard having opposite schedules. Thankfully it’s not all the time. He works graveyards seven on and seven off. I work days. We mange okay though, by taking advantage of the small window of time we have together to have breakfast in the morning and dinner in the evening, and to talk about our day and what needs to be done. :)
We moved into a cute little townhouse about a block away from my parents. It’s walking distance and in the same ward. I know that sounds funny, but really its nice being close that way when I’m home alone I can still spend time with Lisa watching our different shows. Zach and I are a one car family so it’s nice being able to walk to my parent’s house.
I wanted to wait to write this post so I could include pictures, but it’s not altogether yet. For the most part it is, but not quite yet. So the Thanksgiving home décor I made last weekend will have to do for now. ;) It’s been fun creating our new home. Finally putting some wedding gifts to use, including gift cards. Thank you again so much for your contributions!! They have been a great help. 
Most our furniture was donated by family. We bought a few things, a new desk, television stand, book case, and of our course, our new bed! We upgraded from a full size bed to a queen. At the mattress store the sales rep asked what we were looking for and we said bigger. Haha. She asked how long we had been married which we replied about seven months, she said that sounds about right to be past the cuddling phase. Haha. We like to cuddle, but we also like our sleep! Ross’ hug and roll works better on a queen size bed anyways (come on you know I had to reference Friends! Haha).
In our new home we have downstairs a cute little kitchen, a nice size living room, half bathroom under the stairs, and a one car garage. Upstairs we have two bedrooms, and two bathrooms, with a washer and dryer unit in the hall closet. Our second bedroom is a guest room/ game room/ office. There was actually a little mix up on our mattress delivery on moving day that we spent our first two nights in the guest bedroom- we were our first guest in our new home. Haha.
The place isn’t perfect, being a rental unit it has its wear and tear, but for a first home it’s pretty great. We decided it would be best to rent first, find out what we like and what we don’t. Plus the housing market isn’t great at the moment. That will be a future goal.
Oh! Funny Moment. When we were signing our lease I signed my maiden name without even thinking!! I didn’t notice I made the mistake until Zach pointed it out. Oops. I was able to add my new last name to the end of it. Getting use to a new last name has been harder than I thought it would. Sometimes when I get asked my name I still have to think about it. Haha. 
Finding and having our own place has been a goal of ours for a while. We were hoping to find a place before Christmas, and were happy we were able find something before Halloween. I am so grateful for this new home of ours and this beautiful life we’ve started to build together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment