![]() |
| 2018 Ornament |
2018 was a
great year, the best one yet! I don’t know what the future holds, but I don’t
want to jinx myself in saying it’s the best year ever, though I do believe it’ll
be a hard one to top. Haha.
The Year began with continuing where we
left off with wedding preparations and Bridal Showers with both my families,
the Randall's and the Hurst's. Zach and I had monthly goals to help manage all
the different task with our planning and preparations, which was extremely
helpful! We were able to complete everything we wanted on time and our Wedding was a perfect success! Followed by an amazing Honeymoon vacation to the Bahamas.
In the months that followed I went through the process of legally changing my name. It's hard to describe in words how weird it's been to change my name and get used to it (it's something I'm still working on to be honest). On paper it was pretty easy to change, but mentally, not so much. It's almost like I've changing my identity. I tried explaining it to Zach once by saying I still feel like Sarah Hurst, and Sarah Randall is this person I am pretending to be, like, I don't even know her. He replied he knew her and she is amazing (awe). It's gotten easier with time.. but it is still really weird sometimes. Haha.
In the months that followed I went through the process of legally changing my name. It's hard to describe in words how weird it's been to change my name and get used to it (it's something I'm still working on to be honest). On paper it was pretty easy to change, but mentally, not so much. It's almost like I've changing my identity. I tried explaining it to Zach once by saying I still feel like Sarah Hurst, and Sarah Randall is this person I am pretending to be, like, I don't even know her. He replied he knew her and she is amazing (awe). It's gotten easier with time.. but it is still really weird sometimes. Haha.
We had a great summer with our annual
family campout in June, a fun day at Lagoon in July, and a trip to the Zoo in
August (just to name the highlights). In the fall we found our new home, a
lovely townhouse that we are just loving! I also had my first experience with
Jury Duty in November. I ended up getting summon to the courthouse, did a whole
lot of waiting, just to have the jury selected before it was my turn to even
enter the courtroom, which is totally okay by me!
December was super busy with Christmas
preparations and celebrations. It was so fun putting up our very first tree.
Zach had to work Christmas week (he got a job in February at IHC, working
graveyards seven days on and off) so on Christmas Day I woke up early to be
awake when he got home so we could open presents first thing. It was nice to
have Christmas morning just the two of us.
The goals we had for 2018 were accomplished:
executing the perfect wedding (check), paying off student loans (check), and
finding a place of our own (check). Goals for the new year, 2019, I think would
be to write in my blog more often, I’ve been slacking… I’m thinking once a
month would be good. And continuing our goal we started in 2017 to go to the
Temple once a month. We did okay this year, not great. We missed a few months..
We’ll do better this year. We are excited for the Church’s new program “Come
Follow Me” of home study. It will be challenging with our schedules to make it
work, but you know, where there’s a will there’s a way. It’ll be a good year, I
just know it.

No comments:
Post a Comment