Saturday, September 5, 2015

New Car!!


For some time now I’ve been wanting to get a new car. Not that I needed one. It would just be a nice change. I’ve had the same car for six and half years. That’s a long time. So I decided a few months ago it was time for a new one, and that it would make for a nice graduation gift to myself. I’ve been working years for some sort of college degree. I finally did it! I completed my General Associates. I know it’s not much or very impressive, but for me it’s a big deal. :)

So for a few weeks now I’ve been waiting to go car shopping, but for some reason or another I haven’t been able to make it out to the lots. We (my dad and I) have been browsing on-line for last few weeks. I remember talking to my boss on Monday morning when she asked if I got a new car (knowing I’ve been on the market for one) and I told her no, not yet. I remember telling her it’s nice looking without the pressure of needing a car. Well, I must have jinxed myself, because after work that day my Corolla wouldn’t/couldn’t start. After calling my dad (he’s super great) discovering the battery was dead, replacing it, and discovering it still didn’t work- we decided to get a professionals opinion. I stayed at my parents that night (they are so great).

In the morning I called the car repair store near work. They gave me number for a tow company that be able to move it to their shop for me. After a few hours of waiting, I got the call to inform me the starter and few other things needed to be replaced. The total to get it all fixed would come close to $500.00. Ouch. It was decided it wasn’t worth it since I was planning to get a new car this weekend anyways. I explained that to the representative, and he offered to buy it from me for $500.00. Nice.

So Tuesday night my dad and I went to the dealership for a new car. That’s when I met my beautiful blue 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT. It’s a big upgrade for me (2003 to 2014) so there’s a lot more buttons to get used to. It’s super fancy, and fantastic. Haha. I’m in love.
 
 
 
Wednesday I sold my Corolla. It was bittersweet moment. Goodbyes have always been hard for me. Even to a car. I was sad things had to end this way, but happy I’ve found a new owner who can help take care of her better than I could. (yes, we’re talking about a car here. Silly I know.) It’s been a good six and half years. :)

So to sum up, I’m grateful for the timing of it all. Sure I would have liked a new car a few weeks ago, but grateful it worked out as well as it did. It could have been worst. My corolla could have broken down while I was driving her, and if I would have tried to trade it in at the dealership as originally planned I probably won’t have gotten anything, they probably would have taken her to the junk yard. I’m grateful she went to someone would plans to bring her back to life.

Lastly, I am so grateful for my super hero dad, who when I called to tell him my predicament came to my rescue. He’s helped guide me in the choices I’ve had to make this week in finding a new car and selling my old one. He’s always been there for me, and I know he always will be. I will be eternally grateful to my Heavenly Father for sending me to such a wonderful man.

No comments:

Post a Comment