Sunday, April 3, 2016

General Conference

I am grateful for General Conference. For the opportunity to listen to the Prophet and the Apostles of the Christ. As one of my friend’s calls it, “It’s Mormon Super Bowl!” :) It’s so inspiring and spiritual uplifting.

I believe that each talk can relate to each person. Some talks more than others. I was taught by a mission companion the best way to prepare for Conference weekend is to prepare questions in advance for any area(s) of my life I need help and guidance.

The main message I received was to learn how the Holy Ghost speaks to me. Many talks focused on the importance of his presence. Elder Dallin H. Oaks made some profound statements when he said that the Holy Ghost is not given to us to control us. That he respects the agency of man. He can help influence us and guide us on the right path, but in the end it is our choice. He also advised us not to confuse our personal desires for revelation, and counseled us to follow the promptings we receive, and promised when we do, all will be well in life. President Thomas S. Monson says that our choices determine our destiny. President Dieter F. Uchdorf told us that God will never force us into Heaven. He sees us as we truly are, and will always be there to welcome us home.

There is much more, but that is just the main thing I gained from this conference. I know at times I can be an indecisive person. Always worrying that I will make the wrong choice, or make a mistake. But I was reminded today that no matter what I do, mistakes and wrong choices will happen. Thankfully there is Christ, who will help correct me when I am wrong, and get me back on the right path. Brother Waddell said that Christ is the path, and by following him I will find peace. Just Learn, Listen, and Walk toward Christ. He is my light, and my way. Trust in Him and Believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment