Sunday, August 28, 2016

Summer


This past week, the last week of summer, was a blast. :) Tomorrow Zach starts a new semester of school. It’ll be weird not seeing him every day, but I understand he needs to focus on school and I support him 100%. :) Luckily our friend Jennifer has been through the same program he will be beginning and has told us a lot about it. It sounds intense, but also really fun. I am excited and so proud of him!
So, as I was saying, this last week was a blast. Monday we had a ward FHE activity planned by the Welfare, Sports, and Personal Development Committees. We had three workshop classes hosted by each of the committees involved. Welfare talked about Food Storage, and Emergency Preparedness, Sports talked about Fitness and Healthy Eating, and Personal Development (that’s us!) talked about Goal Setting and using our Patriarchal Blessings to set those goals. I found an awesome Study Guide on Pintrest. ;) It was awesome team teaching with Zach. It was like being back on the mission and teaching with a companion. It was a great night. :)
Tuesday we went to Boondocks with Matt and Heather. Tuesday nights there’s a sweet deal of unlimited games in the arcade.. well, for those games that don’t give tickets. Heather and I jammed out on Rockband. It was so fun! The four of us shot at Zombies (freaky!) and raced multiple times. A few times included outside on the Go Carts. It was a blast! :D


Friday night we went to the Real soccer game. It was my first time. We got pretty sweet seats with a good view of the net, thanks to my sister-in-law Hillary who let us use her tickets she won at work. ;) We won by the way. It was great. Go Real!
After we were invited to a late night movie with Matt and Heather. We saw the new Jason Bourne movie. It was fun action pack movie. I kind of wish I had re-watched the first three beforehand. Haha.
Saturday was so much fun! Zach and I went to Seven Peaks with his brother Eric’s family. The slides were so fun, and the wave pool was nice and relaxing. It was also nice to get wet and cool down. After we chilled at the house, played a few video games. I tried. Haha. It’s fun seeing Zach play with his nephews. It was the perfect way to end the last week of summer. :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment