This month of November, as we all know, is the
month of Thanksgiving. The time of year we count our blessings. Some people even
do a challenge on Facebook to share something they are grateful for each day of
the month. As you know I have been doing this all year long thanks to this blog
and my New Year’s Resolution to share something I am grateful for weekly. I
guess you could say I am grateful for a grateful heart. Having gratitude truly does
make a difference in an individual’s attitude.
I remember a difficult time on the mission, back at
the beginning when I was a still a greenie, where I was very frustrated and
honestly angry with God that I wasn’t progressing as my role as a missionary as
I had hoped. I felt like a failure and I was very discourage. One night I found
it very difficult to pray. What was the point? He wasn’t helping me anyways, so
why bother? But as the saying goes… when you don’t feel like praying, that’s
when you should the most. So I decided I would pray, but I told myself I won’t
ask for anything. I had plan just to follow the first part of the prayer outline
taught to me in primary, to just say what I was thankful for.
As the prayer went on listing my blessings, my
heart began to change and I was no longer angry and frustrated. Even though
life on the mission wasn’t going as I had planned, there was still so much I
had to be grateful for and felt very blessed and humbled. :)
I am grateful for that lesson about gratitude, and this blog that has helped me count my many blessings. The list just goes on and on. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment