In the Church, The Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter-Day Saints, we are given “callings” which are kind of like jobs, but more
like responsibilities we are assigned to participate in the Church. We don’t
get paid, we simple to it because we are asked and because we have faith it is
what they Lord would have us do to help build His kingdom here on the Earth.
Callings are a great blessing and privilege. I admit they are not always easy.
They can be challenging, but I have gained and learned a lot from all my
different callings.
Right now I have two callings. I am Self-Reliant
co-chair (of which I’m still learning what the means exactly) and a Relief
Society Instructor. Each month I get an opportunity to teach the Sisters of my
ward. I love Relief Society. (As expressed back in February. See blog post
here.) Relief Society is a wonderful place of sisterhood and love.
Today was my first assignment. Not my very first, I’ve
had the calling before and loved it. ;) I love studying the lesson in the
manual in depth and coming up with a lesson plan to present it to the class, and
open up a discussion. That’s my favorite part, hearing comments from the class.
I learn a lot when studying and preparing, but I learn even more during class.
It’s a very special time of bonding and learning. I love it. :)
I am grateful for my current callings and my past
callings, as well as my future callings that are in store for me. I have
learned a lot. I am grateful for the privilege to serve Heavenly Father in His
Church. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment