Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Mission

In January 2006, around this time ten years ago, I officially made the decision to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I've been thinking a lot this past month about that life changing decision.

I remember I was in Deseret Book store when I made up my mind. I had recently lost my job and didn’t know what my next step in life should be. When I was in Deseret Book I felt so peaceful and happy. I knew that the peaceful feeling was something I wanted in my life all the time, and I realized I could obtain this by serving a full time mission as I shared the joy of the gospel with others.
 
I had no idea at the time the challenges that were before me that year as I prepared to go, and facing the realities of mission life once I was there. It wasn’t always peaceful and happy as I was expecting. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again- The Mission was the hardest, most challenging, and at the same time the most rewarding experience of my life. I won’t trade it for anything because it helped shaped me into the person I am today.
I am so grateful for the people I met, especially my companions. I will always cherish the memories I made that built my testimony. I thought my testimony was strong before I left, I couldn’t imagine then how much stronger it would become because of the experiences I had on the mission, and how it has grown since I’ve been home. Perhaps in time I will share what they were and how they helped build me into the person I am today. :)
I love the gospel, and I'm so grateful to know I have loving Heavenly Father who loves me no matter what. :)


"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation." (2 Nephi 2:22)

No comments:

Post a Comment