Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 Year Review

In January one of my 2016 Goals, New Year’s Resolutions, was to write in this Gratitude Blog once a week for a year. A goal I am proud to say I completed. I’ve enjoyed recording memories of the past year and taking time to reflect on my many blessings. It’s been a great year, despite turning Thirty. Haha.

The first highlight of the year occurred in February when my new nephew, Baby Maxon, entered the world earlier than originally planned. Please feel free to click his name above for the link to that entry (and other’s I’ll be linking throughout this end of the year reflection post). I honestly love being an aunt! It’s the Best!! :D
In March I got a Boyfriend. After couple years of being friends, finally admitting I had a crush on him, and convincing him he liked me too.. we became a couple. It’s been a great year having him by my side. He is my Sunshine. :)
#2016bestninepics
April was a busy month. My cousin Alyssa, Sister Brown, came home from her mission, I had a blast in Disneyland with my niece and her parents, and my family said goodbye to my Grandpa. :(

Summer was a blast with the annual Family Campout in June, going to Lagoon in July, and watched the Summer Olympics on TV.  Over all had a really great Summer. :)

In September I had a fantastic time at Comic Con 2016SLCC. October Zach and I went to each of our Mission Reunions which was also really fun. November my Aunt Toni got married, which makes me really Happy! :D And at the beginning of December Zach and I went on our first road trip to New Mexico with his family. It was SO much fun! :)

The holidays were really great too! Zach and I made Pretzel Turkeys for Thanksgiving and had such a great Christmas together with family. Tonight we’ll be ringing in the New Year together with family too. :D
2016 was a Great year and I’m excited for 2017 to begin.

I have a few Goals in the planning for the New Year. The one I’m most excited about is a Couple’s Goal I’ve set with Zach to go the Temple once month. I love the Temple and am truly blessed to have so many close by. :)

I also have a goal to write some more, but this time instead of Gratitude, of my own family history. I told about these journal prompts to get me started in recording my own history. I know how important Journal writing is and I am so excited to get started. :)

The last goal I have is to go in for my first Mammogram. I know I should go in, and honestly had it on my to-do list to do this last year and didn’t. :/ I think if I write it down, and make it a goal it will help me get it done. Also by sharing this goal with you all I know I’ll gain the courage and motivation I need to accomplish this super important task. :)

I am grateful for Goals and the motivation they give me to do and become better. 2016 was great and I am so excited for 2017. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment